Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20, 2010 - PuntaSanta Domingo, Bahia Concepcion




As usual with Earl, we left Santa Rosalia early – too early for me. We had just gotten up and I was still in my nighty when he started up the engine and told me to hurry up, get dressed, get the lines and pull in the fenders. I got cross and grumpy – but not for too long. We had a lovely run south along the outside of Isla San Marcos. Sadly, we did not see any billfish, but we did catch a couple of black skipjacks, which we now call Howard’s fish since he caught so many.
We anchored in about 10 feet of clear water at Santa Domingo. The water is so clear that we could see small shells in the sand below us. We had a nice trip to the beach where I picked up yet more shells. I am collecting little ones which I plan to give to Bella to glue on things.
Last night, while I was in bed reading, Earl was upstairs. It seemed to me he was gone quite a while, but my book was good and I was not paying much attention. He came down triumphant. He has been gradually modifying the small bait tank he bought in San Diego so that it now pumps fresh sea water through itself. He had caught a bunch of small bait fish and his tank was now populated. This morning they were still alive and well and he is set for some serious fishing. We are on our way and Daisy is on the bow welcoming some porpoises.

No comments: